Friday, June 13, 2008

First draft environment

These 3 image captures show my initial experimentation with form for each of the office spaces (both with old textures from exp 2). The first one shows the space for Yin; made entirely from box shapes, it clearly reflects the source of her success. I'm still trying to figure out how to make it less exposed. The elevator would start from the beam's level, move down into the biggest space (rectangle shape) and then continue to the meeting area.


The design for Yin's office space was based on this 2 point perspective.


This is Versace's office (below). Although I like the curvy form, I will be experimenting a lot more with a more interesting shape for it, and adding a few more elements to the interior. I would ultimately love for it to incorporate more transparent materials in order to represent how extravagant and exposed her persona is. Funny that I achieved the opposite to what I was going for with these first models: a very open space for Yin and a more enclosed one for Versace...



A shot showing the positions of the offices, at opposing ends of the beam. This will remain relatively the same in the models to come. I couldn't obtain a good shot to show the sizes in relation to each other but if you look at it from the front, the offices are similar in size, both quite large emphasising the grandeur of both clients' personas.



No comments: