Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Useful things I learnt in ARCH1101

There are a few...

Drawing inspiration from past and existing architects. In both experiment 1 and 2 using precedent studies helped me a lot in realising my direction both in terms of design and the task at hand.

PLANNING MY TIME!!!!! Considering how long I think a task will take me to complete and at least doubling it to get the amount of time it actually takes.

Going to the lectures, they are a definite source of inspiration (and a lot of the time entertainment with all the videos!) to get more creative with my work and (cliche, but true) think outside the square! In addition to checking out other student's blogs from this year, I like seeing and getting motivated by past student and professional works.

On the technical side of things, deomonstrations by various students within the studio classes using the computer programs uncover many previously unknown shortcuts and such. Working on UT together as a group helps a lot with understanding how to use the program a lot more quickly, hence saving us the time trying to figure it out for ourselves at home.

No comments: