Saturday, May 3, 2008

some inspirational images

Starting with the basics, I've found a few images which have helped me realise my direction with this project. The first 2 images relate to our intersecting rectangles concept; seeing a real life example of these made the task a little easier to visualise.

Tadao Ando
Toyo Ito
Tadao Ando - this image looks very similar to the UT 2004 environment, textures, shapes, shadows...only with day time lighting.
Rafael Moneo - this image is a great example of the concept of juxtaposition I have for Goodall's studio, which is to make the structure of it fairly chaotic and the ramp leading to it much simpler. (This came from an idea within her quote where she speaks of love and compassion and then directly opposes it with ideas of brutality and aggression).
The above two images are of works by Coop Himmelblau, an architectural firm I am interested in writing about for my next history assignment. Upon researching information about them I came across these two images which again helped me realise where I wanted to go with Goodall's (chaotic) studio.

1 comment:

Irish said...

Hey there. Are you an Archeteck? Can not spel gud this AM.

I am looking for a creative person to help impliment a design I have for a building.

No money in it. Until I can get the funding for it... but if you believe what Nightengale has to say, then you know what I am talking about.

Build it and they will come.

The building will be a HOMELESS RECOVERY CENTER where homeless people can LEARN how to get off the streets.

Interested?